Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Destination or the Path....

That old adage... Life is a journey not a destination! Have you heard it?

I have been pondering my journey, my path.... I started out so keen, enthusiastic, running and jumping along the way, none too concerned about potholes, obstacles, hazards along my path. I tended to follow the path where it took me, not concerned too much with the destination ahead.

I chose a several paths that did not turn out to be thoroughfares, but dead ends, others that were u turns, still others that were filled with darkness and so turned back towards the light.
Family responsibilities allow you the luxury of a rethink.

Again and again I have taken paths, convinced that my future destination lay ahead. Some time down the track, the jouney became so arduous, the scenery so different to what I had envisaged, that once again I had to admit, this was not the path for me.  And now, I am shortly to take a new path, a divergent pathway, hoping and crossing my fingers that this path is an enlightened one, and I will grow stronger with the obstacles laid before me. That I will not trip and fall, but rather will be content and anticipate problems.

I have learnt many things and accumulated much knowledge on these past paths that I have tread. But would it have been better to be a virtuoso of one path, or adept at the many potholes of the few.... Have I bettered my experience or others for taking a multitude of paths? In the end we all reach the destination and the imprint in history will be the judge.....


this is something I have been pondering about....
I wish you luck on your journey and may our paths cross someday....

No comments:

Post a Comment