Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Scrap bags - A Girl can never have enough Bags.




The following is the result of my urge to do some more recycling. I have a huge fabric stash and I do not even claim to be a sewer of any repute, but I seem to have amassed a lot of fabric. So time to put it to functional use. Shopping and tote bags... here they come:-

This is the first truly recycled bag that I made. The front and back and handle are from Recycled girls pyjamas, the border around the top is from a child's dress, the applique is from an old teatowel, and the lining, well from my pile of unwanted stash fabrics, so the lining was really the only new part. I kind of like the way this turned out. Even reused some lining that was in my cupboard.







The following two bags Making bags from
scraps of curtain fabric (obtained from Ikea)Pattern courtesy of tinyhappy
bags.






I incorporated a loop for attaching keys and the like and somewhere to stash your mobile phone or other important things.


Then the piece d' resistance, is the large tote bag and the handy bag. This is designed on a plastic shopping bag: yes they have to be good for something! Then it folds up into a tidy little pouch that sits in the bottom of one's larger handbag and weighs next to nothing.
Then it open up like this:


Then there was the T- shirt bag... my daughter liked this one as it was all kind of stretchy, and you could stuff a big jumper into it, or just a few odd shaped things.



Finally, you can decorate one of the indestructible bags

Now that will give you something to ponder about.....

No comments:

Post a Comment